Fire destroys Jackson home

Published 6:22 pm Tuesday, September 3, 2019

JACKSON – A fire here Sunday evening has displaced a father and son from their home.

Jackson Volunteer Fire Department Chief Monty Hux reported it took about three hours to put out the fire at the residence located at 300 Railroad Street, Jackson. Firefighters were on the scene beginning around 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. when the blaze was extinguished.

Three units from Jackson Volunteer Fire Department were joined by three units from Seaboard Volunteer Department and two units from the Lasker Volunteer Fire Department.

“It started at the back end of the house where the occupant usually sits, but he wasn’t back there at the time,” Hux said, noting they suspected the cause of the blaze to be electrical.

Hux said there were no reported injuries. The occupant, J.D. Carver, along with his pets received help getting out of the house by neighbors. Carver’s son was not home at the time of the fire.

“They lost everything they had,” Hux added.

According to the Fire Chief, the American Red Cross have stepped in to offer some assistance as well as some of Carver’s neighbors.