Blaze destroys Colerain home

Published 9:34 am Thursday, April 26, 2012

COLERAIN—A rental home was destroyed here after fire tore through it Tuesday.

According to Colerain Fire Chief Milton Felton, the fire was reported at 12:39 p.m. at a one story wooden home located at 2908 NC 45 North.

“It was pretty much fully involved (when fire fighters arrived at the scene),” Felton said.

Approximately 15 fire fighters from Colerain, Trap and Harrellsville fire departments battled the blaze which was extinguished within two hours. Six trucks from the three departments responded to the scene.

The fire is believed to have been electrical in nature.

“It started on the north side of the home where the electrical service goes in,” he said.

Felton said the home was a total loss.

He added the American Red Cross has been contacted to assist the female occupant who resided there.