Manley faces another sex charge
Published 10:30 am Saturday, January 23, 2010
CONWAY — For the second time in less than a month, a Conway man has been arrested for a child sex offense charge.
According to Northampton County Sheriff Wardie P. Vincent, Dwight Fitzgerald Manley, 44, of Johnny Vann Road, Conway, has been arrested again for taking indecent liberties with a child.
Manley was previously arrested December 30 and charged with the same offense in a different case.
Vincent said upon further investigation, his office found another offense that allegedly occurred in 2005.
Vincent said Manley was arrested and taken before the magistrate where he was given a $100 secured bond, which the suspect was able to post.
The date for Manley’s next appearance in court could not be provided.
Manley’s first charge stems from a call received by the Northampton County Sheriff’s Office from Halifax Regional Hospital reporting the crime. For that crime, bond was set at $1,000 secured. Upon his first court appearance on the initial charge, his bond was increased to $20,000.
According to the North Carolina Department of Corrections, Manley was convicted in Northampton County of taking indecent liberties with a child on October 5, 1990.
Vincent urged those who had information regarding the case or other offenses to call the Northampton County Sheriff’s Office at (252) 534-2611 or the Northampton County Crime Stoppers at (252) 534-1110. All information will be kept confidential.