Blowe ‘rings’ in Mother’s Day
Published 12:00 am Saturday, May 13, 2006
AHOSKIE – A mother is enjoying a new gift days before Mother’s Day.
Thanks to the Roanoke-Chowan News-Herald’s Mother’s Day Giveaway, Melba Blowe of St. John won a one-half carat diamond ring.
Blowe, who registered at one of the 18 businesses who participated in the annual contest, was surprised with the ring Thursday morning at the corporate office of Roanoke Publications, LLC. in Ahoskie.
Blowe was one of 19 winners in the annual contest, which provides gift baskets to a lucky winner who enters at each of the locations.
The following is a list of winners for the Mother’s Day Giveaway by location:
* Piggly Wiggly – Susan Earley of Ahoskie;
* The Athlete’s Foot – Sallie Ayers of Ahoskie;
* E-Z Page – Judy Northcott of Ahoskie;
* Hall Auto Parts – Charles Futrell of Murfreesboro;
* Movie Time (Ahoskie) – Debbie Hall of Ahoskie;
* Movie Time (Murfreesboro) Patricia Morring of Woodland;
* Phone Zone (Ahoskie) – Joanne Eure of Gates;
* Phone Zone (Murfreesboro) – Linda Dickson of Ahoskie;
* Classic Tan and Rental – Cathy Horton of Eure;
* McKeels Jewelers – Joyce Brittenham of Aulander;
* Pizza Inn – Linda Taylor of Como;
* Pittman’s Pharmacy – Christine Perry of Windsor;
* Pleasant Grove Gardens – Bessie Burkett of Ahoskie;
* DrugCo – Nellie Manley of Cofield;
* Cornerstone Beauty Supply – Hallie Bazemore of Ahoskie;
* Eddie Harrell Auto & Sports – Susan Parker of Ahoskie;
* Roanoke-Chowan News-Herald – Chavaletta Sexton of Aulander; and
* Quinton’s – Shawanda Harrison.