Locals claim league honors
WASHINGTON – The Tarheel Independent Conference recognized their baseball and softball outstanding players last week.
Among those honored, most came from Lawrence Academy and Ridgecroft School.
In baseball, Lawrence skipper Robert Kravitz was honored as co-Coach of the Year along with Pungo Christian Academy’s John Holt.
Ridgecroft School’s Gavin Mizelle was selected as Player of the Year and Jobie Thomas of Lawrence was named the TIC Tournament Most Valuable Player.
Softball saw almost exactly the same sweep for the local schools.
Lady Warrior skipper Truitt Johnston earned his second straight TIC Coach of the Year honor.
The Lady Warriors also swept the other honors. Jessica Johnston was named Player of the Year by the league and Kendall Street was chosen as TIC Tournament MVP.
Those who were named All-TIC in baseball included:
* Lawrence Academy – Dusty Todd, Holden McClenney, Jobie Thomas and Judd Whitehead;
* Ridgecroft School – Jeremy Courtright, Josh Morris and Gavin Mizelle;
* Northeast Academy – Jeremy Canady;
* Hobgood Academy – Adam Whitehead and Tripp Peele;
* Pungo Christian Academy – Stephen Fletcher;
* Terra Ceia Christian School – Stephen Cullop.
Those who were Honorable Mention included Lawrence’s Jacob Harrell, Northeast Academy senior Chase Vaughan and Ridgecroft’s Dustin Baker.
In softball, those honored as All-Conference included:
* Lawrence Academy – Jessica Johnston, Ruth Stotesbury and Jodi White;
* Northeast Academy – Lyndal Brown, Laura Boone and Jessica Duncan;
* Ridgecroft School – Stephanie Northcott and Tayler Smith;
* Hobgood Academy – Tracy Boyd, Ginny Whitehead;
* Pungo Christian Academy – Brinkley Johnson;
* Terra Ceia Christian School – Laura Van Essendelft.
Local Honorable Mention honorees included Lawrence’s Lauren Rea and Northeast Academy’s Heather Langston.