Rams wreck Warriors

Published 12:00 am Thursday, October 14, 2004

CREEKSVILLE-Northampton-East gave the homecoming crowd a show en route to a 28-14 win over the Louisburg Warriors.

Louisburg took advantage of a roughing the kicker penalty against the Rams that gave Louisburg the ball back in East territory.

Six plays later, the runner ran the score in behind a wall of Louisburg blockers.

The extra point attempt was good, giving the Warriors a 7-0 lead at the end of the first quarter.

East answered, scoring on the first series of the second when quarterback Travis Mason carried the ball two yards for the score.

Keon Shoulars ran in the two-point conversion, giving the Rams an 8-7 lead.

East found the end zone again less than five minutes later as Demonte Lassiter ran up the middle 15 yards for the touchdown.

Mason connected with Shoulders for the two-point conversion, putting East up, 16-6.

On the next series, Louisburg turned the ball over on downs at the Rams 34 yard line.

Two plays later, Mason connected with Jeremy Taylor for a 67 yard touchdown.

The conversion failed, leaving East with a 22-7 lead at the half.

Louisburg tried to put together a drive at the start of the third, but a fumble on the Rams five-yard line was recovered by East.

On the next play, Mason fumbled the ball but it was picked up by Thomas Peoples, who ran 80 yards for the score.

A failed two-point conversion left the Rams with a 28-7 lead.

Louisburg scored on a two-yard run with four minutes remaining in the third.

The extra point was good, cutting the Rams lead to 28-14 to close out the third quarter.

The Warriors were held to three possessions in the final quarter, turning the ball over on downs once.

Mason intercepted the Louisburg quarterback’s pass to end their second drive and the clock ended the Warriors final scoring attempt as the Rams took the 28-14 victory.

The Rams had 390 yards of total offense, including 121 yards on the ground from Lassiter.

Despite 16 first downs and 424 yards of total offense, the Rams defensive unit held Louisburg to just two scores.